Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hugs and Kisses Storytime 2/11/14 and 2/12/14

Book read: A Kiss Like This by Mary Murphy

Other book suggestions:
Mommy Hugs by Karen Katz
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn

Give Mom a Hug (from Storytime Katie)
Roar like a lion, growl like a bear, (growl/roar)
Give Mom a hug, show her you care.
Hop like a bunny, flap like a bird, (hop, then flap arms like wings)
Quiet as a mouse now, don't say a word.

If you love someone and you know it (to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it")
If you love someone and you know it clap your hands, (clap hands)
If you love someone and you know it clap your hands,
If you love someone and you know it then your face will surely show it,
If you love someone and you know it clap your hands.

If you love someone and you know it blow a kiss (blow kisses)
If you love someone and you know it blow a kiss,
If you love someone and you know it then your face will surely show it,
If you love someone and you know it blow a kiss.

If you love someone and you know it give a hug, (hug)
If you love someone and you know it give a hug,
If you love someone and you know it then your face will surely show it,
If you love someone and you know it give a hug.

I have a little heart (from Delta Township Library)
I have a little heart (place hand over heart)
That goes thump, thump, thump. (pat chest three times)
It keeps right on beating when I jump, jump, jump. (jump three times)
I get a special feeling when I look at you.
It makes me want to blow you a kiss or two. (blow kisses)

I can hug (from SuraLune Storytimes)
I can hug, hug, hug, (hug)
I can hop, hop, hop, (hop)
I can kiss, kiss, kiss, (blow kisses)
I can stop, stop, stop, (stand still)
I can nod my head for yes, (nod)
I can shake my head no, (shake head no)
I can sit down very slow. (sit down)

Literacy tip: 
When you read to your child make sure to talk about the pictures in the story. This will help build their understanding of the story. It will also help them make a connection between the words and pictures.

Craft:
We colored "Hugs and Kisses" pictures :)





No comments:

Post a Comment