Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mother's Day Storytime 5/6/14 and 5/7/14

Books read:The Mommy Book by Todd Parr
Mommy, Where are you? by Leonid Gore

Other book suggestions:
Is your mama a llama? by Deborah Guarino
Lllama Llama mad at Mama by Anna Dewdney
Does a Kangaroo have a Mother too? by Eric Carle

I love Mommy (to the tune of "Frere Jacques", from Harris County Library )
(we did this song using the ASL signs for "Mom" "Love" and "Yes")
I love Mommy, I love Mommy
Yes I do, Yes I do.
Mommies are for hugging (hug self or mom)
Mommies are for kissing, (blow a kiss)
I love you, yes I do. (point to mother)  

Mama Don't Allow (from Perpetual Preschool)
Mama don't allow no "jumping" around here.
Mama don't allow no "jumping" around here.
I don't care what Mama's going to say,
I'm gonna do it anyway!
Other actions include clapping, spinning, dancing, etc.

If you Love Mommy and You Know It (to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It")
If you love Mommy and you know it blow a kiss. (blow kiss)
If you love Mommy and you know it blow a kiss.
If you love Mommy and you know it then your face will surely show it
If you love Mommy and you know it blow a kiss! 
Additional verses include giving a hug an jumping for joy.

Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

Shake the Mango Tree (found here)
(Adapted to suit the color of our shaker eggs)
Shake shake the mango tree,
Mango (color), Mango (color) (kids raise correct colors of eggs)
Shake Shake the mango tree,
One for you and one for me! (point to friends and self)
Shake shake the mango tree!

Mommy, Mommy (from Step By Step Childcare)
Mommy, mommy let's sweep the floor (pretend to sweep)
Mommy, mommy let's go to the store (pretend to drive a car)
Mommy, mommy let's bake a cake (pretend to mix a cake)
Mommy, mommy let's take a break (wipe forehead, say "whew")
Mommy, mommy loves me so (draw heart in the air)
Mommy, mommy watch me grow (stretch high in the air)
Mommy, mommy turn out the light (make clicking sound and pretend to turn off light)
Mommy, say "Goodnight!" (pretend to sleep) 

Parachute Play
We used our new parachute to play "Mama Says" and other games.

Literacy tip: The bonding experience of sharing stories with a love done helps contribute to your child's love of reading.

Craft: We made pictures for our loved ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment