Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bear Storytime 9/16/14 and 9/17/14

Books read:
The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood
The Very Cranky Bear by Nick Bland

Other book suggestions:
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin
Bear Sees Colors by Karma Wilson
Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen Baby Bear Sees Blue by Ashley Wolff

ASL Sign of the Week: Bear

Sleepy Bear (to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin?", from Preschool Education)
Where is bear? Where is bear?
Here I am. Here I am.
How are you this winter?
Very tired, thank you.
Go to sleep. Go to sleep.

If you're a bear and you know it (from Storytime Katie)
If you're a panda bear and you know it, clap your paws. (clap hands)
If you're a polar bear and you know it, show your teeth. (smile)
If you're a grizzly bear and you know it growl real loud. (growl)

If I were a bear (from Miss Meg's Storytime)
If I were a happy bear, I'd go ha! ha! ha! (laugh)
If were a sad bear, I'd go boo, hoo, hoo! (rub eyes)
If I were a cranky bear, I'd go stomp, stomp, stomp! (stamp feet)
If I were a scared bear, I'd go AHH! AHH! AHH! (scream)
If I were a tired bear, I'd go zzz zzz zzz. (pretend to sleep)

Going to the Zoo (adapted from one of the 2014 ALA Conferences Guerilla Storytimes)
We're going to see some bears,
We're going to the zoo!
To look at all the animals and everything they do.
Shake it, baby, shake it!
Shake it if you can!
Shake it like a milkshake and pour it in a can!
Shake it to the bottom!
Shake it to the top!
Shake it round and round and round,
Until I tell you STOP!

Rock-A-Bye Your Bear by the Wiggles

Mama's Little Bear likes dancing (to the tune of Mama's Little Baby Likes Shortening Bread)
Mama's Little Bear likes dancing, dancing.
Mama's Little Bear likes dancing fast.
(other actions can include spinning, jumping, stomping, etc)

Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear (found at several sources and adapted)
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, turn around.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch the ground.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, touch your knees.
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear, sit down please.

Literacy tip of the Week: Try reading a wordless book with your child. Making up a story from pictures has been proven in studies to be a very engaging way of reading with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment