Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Brave Storytime 1/6/15 and 1/7/15

Books read:
Go Away Big Green Monster! by Ed Emberley
The I'm Not Scared Book by Todd Parr

ASL sign of the week: Brave

If You're Brave and You Know It
Actions: Clap hands, Stomp feet, Say "I am!"

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

I Am Big, Big, Big (modified by Never Shushed, original from Mel's Desk)
I am big, big, big. (stretch hands to your sides)
I am small, small, small. (crouch down)
I am short, short, short. (stay low)
I am tall, tall, tall. (reach high)
I am fast, fast, fast. (march fast)
I am slow, slow, slow. (march slow)
I say, yes, yes, yes. (nod yes)
And sometimes no, no, no. (shake head no)

We will Stomp by Mr. Eric and Mr Michael

Teasing Mr. Shark (from Canton Public Library)
Five Little Fish,
Swimming in the sea,
Teasing Mr. Shark,
You can't catch me,
You can't catch me,
Along came Mr. Shark,
As quiet as can be...
SNAP!
Four little fish swimming in the sea... (count down until all fish are gone) 

Where is Lion? (adapted from "Where is Brown Bear?" from Preschool Education)
Where is Lion?
Where is Lion?
Here I am. Here I am.
How are you this winter?
Very very tired.
Go to sleep, go to sleep.

Flannelboard: 
Little spider named Fred, are you under the (insert color) bed?

Craft: We decorated this monster template.

Literacy tip of the week: As you read to them, encourage your children to suggest solutions to problems that come the story. This is a great way to develop their problem solving skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment