Thursday, July 30, 2015

Baby Storytime 7/30/15

Book read: Charlie Chick by Nick Denchfield

ASL Sign of the Week: Dance

Way up high in the apple tree
Way up high in the apple tree, (lift baby)
A little apple I did see,
I shook that tree as hard as I could, (rock back and forth)
Down came the apple, (bring baby down)
Boy was it good!

Let's Go Riding in an Elevator (from Jbrary)
Let's go riding in an elevator (hold baby in front of you)
An elevator, elevator. (rock back and forth)
Let's go riding in an elevator!
First floor (lift baby, raise up on each floor)
Second floor,
Third floor,
Fourth floor,
Down, down, down! (bring baby down to ground) 

Clap, Clap, Clap (to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat, from Perry Public Library)

Clap, clap, clap your hands, clap them now with me,
Clap your hands, let me see,
Clap them now with me!
(other verses: tap your knees, shake your feet, touch your shoulders) 

One bright scarf (adapted from Storytime Underground)
One bright scarf, waiting for the wind to blow,
Wave it high, wave it low,
Throw it high!
Where did it go?

We wave our scarves (adapted from "We Hit the Floor Together" by Abby Librarian)
We wave our scarves together, together,
We wave our scarves together, together,
We wave our scarves together,
Because it's fun to do!

Itsy Bitsy Spider

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom (from Reading with Red)
Zoom, zoom, zoom! (bounce baby)
We're going to the moon.
Zoom, zoom, zoom!
We'll be there very soon.
5 ,4, 3, 2, 1!  Blast off! (lift baby)

Giddyup, Giddyup (from King County Library System)
Giddyup, giddyup ride to town, (bounce baby on your lap)
Giddyup, giddyup, up and down.
Giddyup fast, (bounce quickly)
Giddyup slow, (bounce slowly)
Giddyup, giddyup, WHOA! (dip baby backwards)

I'm a little cuckoo clock (adapted from Born to Read)
Tick tock, tick tock, (rock back and forth)
I'm a little cuckoo clock.
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's one o'clock! (jump once)

Tick tock, tick tock,
I'm a little cuckoo clock.
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's two o'clock! (jump twice)

Wheels on the bus 

Row, row, row your boat (with parachute)

The chute is on my head (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Laughter and Literacy)
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute is on my head!
The chute goes up and down, the chute goes up and down!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes up and down!
The chute goes fast and slow, the chute goes fast and slow!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes fast and slow!
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o the chute is on my head!

Literacy tip of the week: Let your baby explore books as much as possible. Even a baby who is putting a book in their mouth is learning something about how the book works.

No comments:

Post a Comment