Saturday, February 20, 2016

Saturday Storytime 2/20/16

Book read:
Tap the Magic Tree by Christie Matheson

ASL Sign of the Week: Book

Come along and march with me (from Storytime Underground)
Come and march along with me,
Along with me.
Come and march along with me,
So early in the morning.
(Other actions can include spinning, hopping, bouncing, flying, etc)


All my friends like dancing (modified version of "Mama's Little Baby", to the tune of "Shortening Bread")
All my friends like dancing,
Dancing, dancing,
All my friends like dancing with me!

All my friends like jumping,
Jumping, jumping,
All my friends like jumping high!
Other verses can include running fast, spinning round, etc.

Monkey See, Monkey Do (from Perry Public Library)
Monkey see, monkey do,
Little monkey in the zoo,
Little monkey in the tree,
Can you (insert action) like me?

The Freeze by Greg and Steve (on Kids in Motion)

Shake, Shake, Shake (to the tune of "Do your ears hang low?", from Storytimes and More)
Can you shake your egg up high?
Can you shake your egg down low?
Can you shake it side to side?
Can you shake it by your toe?
Can you shake it really fast?
Can you shake it really slow?
Can you shake your egg? 

I know a chicken by Laurie Berkner

Craft:
We decorated an Letter S (for storytime!) with stickers.  

Literacy tip of the week: Peeling stickers is a great way to develop your child's fine motor skills. This will become very important when they are learning to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment