Wednesday, May 10, 2017

I Love Mommy Storytime 5/9/17 and 5/10/17

Books read:
Mommy, where are you? by Leonid Gore
The Mommy Book by Todd Parr

Other book suggestions: 
Dinosaur vs. Mommy by Bob Shea
Is your mama a llama? by Deborah Guarino 
Mother Bruce by Ryan Higgins

ASL Sign of the Week: Mom 

I love Mommy (to the tune of "Frere Jacques")

(we did this song using the ASL signs for "Mom" "Love" and "Yes")
I love Mommy, I love Mommy
Yes I do, Yes I do.
Mommies are for hugging (hug self or mom)
Mommies are for kissing, (blow a kiss)
I love you, yes I do. (point to mother)  

If you Love Mommy and You Know It (to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It")
If you love Mommy and you know it blow a kiss. (blow kiss)
If you love Mommy and you know it blow a kiss.
If you love Mommy and you know it then your face will surely show it
If you love Mommy and you know it blow a kiss! 
Additional verses include giving a hug an jumping for joy.

Let's All Do a Little Clapping 
(Tune:"We Wish You a Merry Christmas", modified from Storytime Katie)
Let's all do a little clapping,
Let's all do a little clapping,
Let's all do a little clapping,
and spread love right here!
Other actions can include jumping, stomping, spinning, etc.


Give Mom a Hug (from Storytime Katie)
Roar like a lion, growl like a bear (act like each animal)
Give Mom a hug, show her you care (give hug)
Hop like a bunny, flap like a bird (hop and flap your arms)
Quiet as a mouse now, don’t say a word.

Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed 

I love you, you love me (from Barney the dinosaur) 

Mama Says (with parachute)

Craft:
We decorated a template of a flower pot and stamped our handprints as "flowers"  

Literacy tip of the week: Sharing books with people they love is an important way your child will create positive associations with books and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment